Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

General Conversations

Within this forum, you can:

• share experiences as a federal employee
  • ask for some general help from fellow federal employees
  • offer helpful advice
  • make this world a better place (doesn't hurt to try)

Please keep in mind that this is not an opportunity to "step up on a soap box." Let's keep things clean, polite and useful. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
turnall  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:05:14 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I've read all sorts of things about how agencies can't dictate a "civility policy" but if someone treats EVERYONE below them horribly, including users of the program, then is there some way to file a complaint? Doing things like talking in a condescending way to people, sharing personal employee info- like telling one employee and a group of users of the program that another employee is a drunk and was on a PIP, calling someone stupid... Hopefully you get the idea, but the problem is that this seems to happen across the board. This manager basically treats everyone as if they're in a day care, but it's hard to say that there's a specific "group" or class of people who are a target, except I'd say everyone below that person- meaning they don't talk this way to management or their supervisor. Any ideas? It almost seems like some of the policies basically allow you to be an abusive a**%$&hole as long as you to do it to everyone! So even if I don't like women (as an example) and would naturally be mean and discriminatory to them and speak horribly to them, as long as I'm smart enough to do it to the men as well, then I'm safe.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed