Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
diannedawn  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 1:48:56 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I filed for a schedule award for my left knee in April. It was recvd on the 11th and the CE sent it right away to the DMA. GREAT...I thought. Compared to the last time I had filed, this was AWESOME! (That time the CE never even submitted it to the DMA until over 3 months later).
So the CE gets the report back from the DMA on April 22...he wants a Second Opinion. No big deal, just a typical delay tactic.
(and funny, because the DMA complained that the Dr...Dr. Ellis...talked about my ACL but there was "no record of an ACL injury"...while what Dr. Ellis ACTUALLY SAID was that I had "ACL laxity DUE TO MY SUGURY"...a little reading comprehension would be nice)
So I finally get a call back from my CE after I find out that this second opinion was requested, and she says it will take "6-8 weeks" to schedule.

In reality, she never even "REFERRED it out" to BE scheduled until mid June.
It's now been a good 8 weeks passed THAT!

How long am I required to wait?
Its been 4 months now since the second opinion was requested by the DMA...
my scheduled award is not going to be acted on until it is done.

I suspect that they can not FIND a Dr in my area...
The only other time that I was required to have a second opinion, I was sent 90 miles away.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed