Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
M  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 04, 2014 4:20:14 AM(UTC)
FS0201

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 196 time(s) in 167 post(s)
I realize that cases are handled on a case-by-case basis, but is there a general guideline on what happens/when after the subject interview (ANACI)?
The excuse of, "I read it on FederalSoup..." won't work. Please do your due diligence.
mjr1  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 04, 2014 10:36:11 AM(UTC)

I met with my investigator in August and I'm still waiting. Good luck.
Simone  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 05, 2014 12:39:01 AM(UTC)
GradStudent2017

I was told it can take anywhere from 6months to a year.
M  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 8:43:39 AM(UTC)
FS0201

Well that is depressing. I have seen people get their access within a couple of weeks, but plenty of stories of others taking so long.
The excuse of, "I read it on FederalSoup..." won't work. Please do your due diligence.
David  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 4:18:54 PM(UTC)
Womacks-jp-23

Japan

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
My clearance (secret) came through exactly a week after my interview.

M  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 8:12:51 AM(UTC)
FS0201

Originally Posted by: GradStudent2017 Go to Quoted Post

Thankfully, it didn’t end up taking that long. Case was closed six weeks after the interview, with a decision being made one week later. Start to finish was twenty weeks. I am so glad to be done for now.
thanks 1 user thanked FS0201 for this useful post.
GradStudent2017 on 4/14/2014(UTC)
Simone  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 8:14:14 PM(UTC)
GradStudent2017

Originally Posted by: FS0201 Go to Quoted Post

Thankfully, it didn’t end up taking that long. Case was closed six weeks after the interview, with a decision being made one week later. Start to finish was twenty weeks. I am so glad to be done for now.

I just spoke with someone at OPM and they said they expedite cases being adjudicated with them and that my process should be over soon. My investigation just closed late March so I'm just remaining patient. Were you being cleared by OPM? Did you get Interim or Full Clearance? Thanks for your update.
mjr1  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2014 4:00:01 AM(UTC)

How in the world did you speak with someone at OPM about your case? I've called the phone number they list for updates and it tells me to call my sponsoring agency - who then tells me OPM hasn't told them anything except that the case is still in investigation!
Simone  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2014 4:37:56 AM(UTC)
GradStudent2017

Originally Posted by: mjr1 Go to Quoted Post
How in the world did you speak with someone at OPM about your case? I've called the phone number they list for updates and it tells me to call my sponsoring agency - who then tells me OPM hasn't told them anything except that the case is still in investigation!

Well my case was investigated and is being ajudicated by OPM so they were able to give me a general timeframe on how they do things. It wasn't easy as I have been calling for weeks and this is the first small bit of information I've received. My investigation closed last month after only being investigated for 2wks. Good luck to you. Keep me updated and I'll do the same for you.
SEC.QUE  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 9:21:46 AM(UTC)
SEC.QUE

Originally Posted by: FS0201 Go to Quoted Post

I just spoke with someone at OPM and they said they expedite cases being adjudicated with them and that my process should be over soon. My investigation just closed late March so I'm just remaining patient. Were you being cleared by OPM? Did you get Interim or Full Clearance? Thanks for your update.

Can somebody be cleared by OPM?

Rss Feed  Atom Feed