Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

VA (Department of Veterans Affairs)

The United States has the most comprehensive system of assistance for veterans of any nation in the world. This benefits system traces its roots back to 1636, when the Pilgrims of Plymouth Colony were at war with the Pequot Indians. The Pilgrims passed a law which stated that disabled soldiers would be supported by the colony. The establishment of the Veterans Administration came in 1930 when Congress authorized the President to "consolidate and coordinate Government activities affecting war veterans."

This forum also includes the Veterans Health Administration (VHA).

Perhaps you are working for the VA or interested in working for the VA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the VA.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scott switzer  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 3:57:08 PM(UTC)
scott switzer

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Dear fellow Veterans,

Thank you all for your sacrifice and service. I too have gone through a very

lengthy claims process filled with complications and delays. The anxiety of

waiting and wondering if things are in the works and being administered

properly is daunting at best. There are two people in this forum, Knight and USMC0341

who have helped me through my process; I can't thank them enough. I promised that

when I was finished with mine; I would make myself available to help others the best

I can. I will only speak to the facts as they currently exist and are applied in real

situations. The biggest hurdle we all face and continue to face is the "Unknown" and

"Not hearing anything for long time periods. Please accept the fact that situations are

different but if you are fully prepared; it will get done. If there are things you are

unsure about; please ask; it will save time from having to do it all over again or "Getting

bumped" I will check in an help whenever and where ever I can. Thank you again for all your

knowledge and support; I will pay it forward. God Bless you all.

Sincerely,
Doc
thanks 3 users thanked scott switzer for this useful post.
swimmingly on 8/28/2015(UTC), mr222 on 2/26/2016(UTC), Peace on 7/22/2016(UTC)
Peace  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 3:57:56 PM(UTC)
Peace

Thank you very much for sharing this. I am still fighting. I was a reservist and I was injured during boot camp in 2001 and I have lot of screws roughly 17 screws, plates and lot of metal in my arm. I can barely pickup anything with that hand. To a normal person it will appear as if I have two arms but they don't know that there is only one working arm. I fought until roughly 2004 but gave up when VA was just throwing me like a ball from one phone call to another phone call, from one person to another person.

In year 2014 I was asking someone if I can get some military benefits, so that I can go for Masters in Psychology and she asked me for my SSN and we started talking about Psychology and how I was injured and broke both my bones in my arm and she looked at my records and asked me if I would like her to reopen my case and she said that I should be getting disability paycheck but I said it is now 14 years and how I gave up in 2004. She said doesn't matter, she just needs my permission and she will talk to her Colleague who will call me to get the details since she didn't have the expertise I need to get justice. I said YES and guess what?

In 2015 I got 20% disability rating from VA but I am still fighting because 20% seems like a joke to me. They didn't go back to 2001 the year I was injured so I lost this check for almost 14 years and I believe I should be getting at least 80% disability rating because I can do only 20% of the work with this hand.

Still fighting and hoping that another right person will show up and open all the right doors for me the way this woman had come into my life from no where to get me this disability rating.

I had also decided to pay it forward...
usmc0341  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 7:58:25 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Ok you caught my attention. If you'd like, PM me your info and I'll take a look.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed