Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

36 Pages«<3233343536>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mojorisin  
#661 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 10:02:52 AM(UTC)
mojorisin

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BSUGrad10 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mojorisin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BSUGrad10 Go to Quoted Post
I can't give details yet, and it's all unofficial, but I hear that things should happen soon and there is a second class scheduled.

This is probably one of those details you cannot give; but, any idea when the second class is scheduled for? I assume September?

That's what I'm hearing, before the end of the FY.

Strangely enough, that fits with some information I received this week. I did not really believe it possible, but, it looks like September is in play. Good luck all.

Edited by user Thursday, July 21, 2016 1:28:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rainking888  
#662 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 5:46:53 AM(UTC)
rainking888

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
So here's a new wrinkle- Just received email that said that we're returning to POD after CITP and prior to a return trip to FLETC on 12/6 for SAIT. Emailed for specific dates, but that would put us back at our POD for roughly a month prior to SAIT. That's great news for me and my family. Just hope I'm reading that correctly because that would be a departure from the norm....Not that the process has been normal this time around.

thanks 1 user thanked rainking888 for this useful post.
BSUGrad10 on 7/22/2016(UTC)
BSUGrad10  
#663 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 5:56:51 AM(UTC)
BSUGrad10

Man
United States

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rainking888 Go to Quoted Post
So here's a new wrinkle- Just received email that said that we're returning to POD after CITP and prior to a return trip to FLETC on 12/6 for SAIT. Emailed for specific dates, but that would put us back at our POD for roughly a month prior to SAIT. That's great news for me and my family. Just hope I'm reading that correctly because that would be a departure from the norm....Not that the process has been normal this time around.

Wow! that's fantastic. I hope they do that for the 2nd class as well.
hockeyguy23  
#664 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 6:06:12 AM(UTC)
hockeyguy23

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Again more useless speculation but here we go anyway..

We know there is a CITP class in August and now we have rumors that there could be one in September consisting of 2014 applicants. The fact that we now know the IRS add-on is in December, I think, substantiates the potential for a September class. By rainking's timeline, a September class would be completing CITP in December probably around the time the August folks would be returning for the add-on, so maybe the point is to have 2 classes going through the add-on at the same time?

Edited by user Friday, July 22, 2016 6:06:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rainking888  
#665 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 6:19:38 AM(UTC)
rainking888

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Confirmation arrived- CITP Ends 11/3. Back to FLETC 12/6.

Also, this email with information regarding timing and benefits went to my email address associated with USA JOBS and not the one every other communication has come through. Just a heads up in case anybody had used a different email address.

Edited by user Friday, July 22, 2016 6:33:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BSUGrad10  
#666 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 7:38:34 AM(UTC)
BSUGrad10

Man
United States

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hockeyguy23 Go to Quoted Post

Again more useless speculation but here we go anyway..

We know there is a CITP class in August and now we have rumors that there could be one in September consisting of 2014 applicants. The fact that we now know the IRS add-on is in December, I think, substantiates the potential for a September class. By rainking's timeline, a September class would be completing CITP in December probably around the time the August folks would be returning for the add-on, so maybe the point is to have 2 classes going through the add-on at the same time?

Unfortunately that makes a lot of sense, but it would be so awesome to get that same month break for the 2nd group and go home for the holidays. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.
ASUdevil  
#667 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 11:25:27 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Confirmation arrived- CITP Ends 11/3. Back to FLETC 12/6.

Also, this email with information regarding timing and benefits went to my email address associated with USA JOBS and not the one every other communication has come through. Just a heads up in case anybody had used a different email address.

Has anyone else received this confirmation email? Trying not to get my hopes up too much until I know for sure this applies to me as well :)
ineedajob  
#668 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 1:33:56 PM(UTC)
ineedajob

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Yup, confirmation e-mails were sent for firm offers earlier today. E-mail outlined pay, official duty station, fletc reporting date, and benefits election details.
BoSox10  
#669 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 2:00:06 PM(UTC)
BoSox10

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The dates mentioned above were confirmed by HR today. A month in the POD between training phases which is nice since Thanksgiving falls in that range. Pay retention was also confirmed for current IRS employees. Basically it is your current pay plus 25% with an adjustment while in GA. There is no 2 year limit or anything like that.
ASUdevil  
#670 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 3:06:31 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ineedajob Go to Quoted Post
Yup, confirmation e-mails were sent for firm offers earlier today. E-mail outlined pay, official duty station, fletc reporting date, and benefits election details.

I did receive that email last week, but not the email mentioning the month back home in POD after CITP. Maybe it was just sent to internals?

Edited by user Friday, July 22, 2016 3:07:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dirkdiggler  
#671 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 3:29:49 PM(UTC)
dirkdiggler

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sounds like the one month break would only apply to the August class. Assuming there is a September class, the break is probably to catch up to the first class then both would be combined? Just a little spit balling on my end. Getting real anxious to see if firm offers will come out for 2014's.
thisguyjc24  
#672 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 8:17:42 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 23 post(s)
It's not a break! You have to come to work and fill up the staplers dammit!
BoSox10  
#673 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 12:27:43 PM(UTC)
BoSox10

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thisguyjc24 Go to Quoted Post
It's not a break! You have to come to work and fill up the staplers dammit!

I cant wait. I am really good at that! Lol
irsfca  
#674 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 2:03:36 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Congrats to all on their way to FLETC! It's definitely an awesome experience, study hard and make sure you avoid chicken for the next 3 weeks because you'll be having the infamous FLETC chicken with every meal soon enough :)
hockeyguy23  
#675 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 7:38:02 AM(UTC)
hockeyguy23

Its gonna be an anxious few weeks for everyone with TOs. Good luck to those of us trying to stay sane too haha.
Revenuer95b  
#676 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 10:35:29 AM(UTC)
Revenuer95b

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have gotten some good information that the start dates for SAIT are 12/5 and 12/15 I assume that is two classes at around the same time.
thanks 3 users thanked Revenuer95b for this useful post.
hockeyguy23 on 7/25/2016(UTC), BSUGrad10 on 7/25/2016(UTC), lady1811 on 7/25/2016(UTC)
mojorisin  
#677 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 11:22:25 AM(UTC)
mojorisin

United States

Originally Posted by: Revenuer95b Go to Quoted Post
I have gotten some good information that the start dates for SAIT are 12/5 and 12/15 I assume that is two classes at around the same time.

Would seem to suggest another CITP in September with a break/return to POD, or CITP starting some time in October.
hockeyguy23  
#678 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 11:25:18 AM(UTC)
hockeyguy23

Would seem to suggest another CITP in September with a break/return to POD, or CITP starting some time in October.

I think using a consistent timeline with the class dates that we know; the second class would be starting the last week of September to start the 12/15 IRS-CI add-on without break after CITP.

Edit: if calls go out one month before then this would put calls coming in about a month from today.

Edited by user Monday, July 25, 2016 11:26:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mojorisin  
#679 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 11:48:32 AM(UTC)
mojorisin

United States

Originally Posted by: hockeyguy23 Go to Quoted Post

I think using a consistent timeline with the class dates that we know; the second class would be starting the last week of September to start the 12/15 IRS-CI add-on without break after CITP.

Edit: if calls go out one month before then this would put calls coming in about a month from today.

That would make sense. Was thinking that with the first class going back 12/6 that they would start first. But, if you assume last week of September with orientation and 9 week CITP (I think?), that would put 12/5 in play for second group. Either way, would seem plans are to start another class late September early October, which fits with what I have heard and what folks have been posting. Time to up those workouts if you haven't already.

Edited by user Monday, July 25, 2016 12:42:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rcarino12  
#680 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 2:47:50 PM(UTC)
rcarino12

United States

http://www.presstelegram...g-to-pay-taxes-on-income

A quick read from my local newspaper....while we all anxiously wait for some good news.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed