Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
edslittleworld  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 2:34:29 PM(UTC)
edslittleworld

Groups: Registered
United States

About 1-1/2 weeks ago, I received a tentative offer with GSA as a Project Manager. I returned all my required paperwork within an hour. So...I start planning my life and move...even tho I don't have the final offer. As of last Friday, HR says they're still waiting for the background check to come thru. I'm surprised since my FEMA background check (with fingerprints) only took a few days and this particular position with GSA has no security clearance associated with it. How long should it take?

PS: I'm asking because another tentative offer has materialized with the Army and they seem to be moving much faster. I prefer the GSA job for location, but can't wait around too long.

Edited by user Saturday, April 23, 2016 2:36:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

silq707  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2016 11:26:18 AM(UTC)
silq707

Groups: Registered
United States

4-6 months average but they can do an initial verification that would take a few weeks or less, basically you have the job then 4-6 months down the line when your check clears, you keep the job if everything checks out. I told them how urgent my situation was that I would be flying out on a plane to another country in a week if I dont get the response very soon.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed