Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.




Are you considering relocating your federal career - either by your choice or by Uncle Sam? There are practical issues and concerns to think about when deciding whether or not to relocate. Others have done it while still others have not. This forum will allow for all to offer their insight, post their questions, and help each other out.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 10:26:11 AM(UTC)

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/1/2010(UTC)
Posts: 13

I'll have an acceptable justification for an early OCONUS curtailment due to medical issues to return CONUS around month 15 of my OCONUS tour. My management is aware and supportive. I'm not exercising return rights to my old PDS on the east coast. I'll probably accept a position in Texas or California.

What 'benefits' will apply to this PCS? I know they will cover my travel to new PDS and movement of HHGs/auto/Temp Storage. Will I still receive TQSA? The new job may not include moving expenses, so I'm seeking information from someone who has been in this position. I'm a DoD employee and may be going non-DoD. Does that pose any issue with benefits like TQSA?

#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 10:36:17 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/3/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,819

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 64 post(s)
DoD is responsible to pay for the return trip to the original PDS from where you left. If the command approves it technically they could pay for you to relocate anywhere within the US that is equal to or less than the cost of the move to the home PDS.

Yet you stated that you are leaving the DOD and going to another agency. That gets tricky. If you accepted a new fed job with a no cost transfer, then the gaining agency will not pay any PCS benefits. It's on your dime.

If I were you and if that is the case, I would be asking the losing agency about the possibility to moving you to the new PDS instead of the home PDS...if it's equal to or less than the cost of the home PDS.

Your argument would be to save the government money. But I don't think TQSE will be paid either way, just airfare and household goods.
#3 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 5:02:18 AM(UTC)

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/19/2016(UTC)
Posts: 3

If Im reading this correctly, the TQSE allowance is provided when you at the OCONUS position AS WELL as when you return from your tour? I thought it was just for when you are overseas.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2019, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.379 seconds.