Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Financial Discussion

It is always wise to have a secure financial foundation. Here is a place to ask questions, exchange ideas and share information on how to make the most of your money.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hawkeye37128  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 12:12:11 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Super is talking about giving me a quality step increase as a bonus this year instead of a cash award. The QSI will be more along with the 1.6% raise that we are supposed to get come Jan.

My question is that in Aug 2017 I am due for my WGI. If I get a QSI will it affect my WGI next year? I know we cannot get both in the same year but do not know if it will reset the clock. I am currently in the 3 year WGI bracket.

Was searching around OPM site but could not find the answer. I know it is there somewhere but figured it might get answered here by one of the HR types.

Thanks
Orioles>Nats  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 12:29:43 PM(UTC)
Orioles>Nats

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
https://www.opm.gov/poli...s/quality-step-increase/

A QSI does not affect the timing of an employee’s next regular within-grade increase, unless the QSI places the employee in step 4 or step 7 of his or her grade. In these cases, the employee must complete the full waiting period for the new step, 104 weeks for steps 4-6 or 156 weeks for steps 7-9. However, the time an employee has already waited is not lost; it continues to count towards the waiting period for the next step increase. The QSI provides the employee the benefit of receiving an additional step increase at an earlier date than he or she originally would have without losing any time creditable towards his or her next WGI.

Example: An employee received her last WGI to step 3 in January 2011. In October 2011, the employee receives a QSI to step 4, which places her in a 104-week waiting period before she is eligible to receive a WGI to step 5, assuming satisfactory performance.

The employee will advance to step 5 in January 2013, which completes the waiting period of 104 weeks from the employee’s last WGI (January 2011). Without the benefit of the QSI, she would have gotten a WGI taking her to step 4 in January 2012, and she would have had to wait until January 2014 to reach step 5.
hawkeye37128  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 4:48:31 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for the answer. Knew it was there somewhere
Rss Feed  Atom Feed